Google has announced that all URLs that don't have the https in front of their domain will show a “NOT SECURE” warning to visitors beginning in July 2018.
This is what will show after you add an SSL Certificate and change your domain to https:
Here are some options to change your domain to an https url:
- If your website is in WordPress:
- Some hosts, like Flywheel, have a free SSL Certificate you can install. After this is installed, go to your Advanced tab and tun on "Force HTTPS"
- Next in Google Analytics, make sure to change your Property Settings to https.
- If your host is another company, you'll need to purchase an SSL certificate. There are many more steps involved and we suggest to have your web developer do it for you.
- If your website is in LightCMS
- You'll need to use a 3rd party since there is no option in LightCMS to turn on https. We recommend Cloudflare.
- We can help with this if you're not comfortable doing it yourself.
Contact us if you need help moving your domain to https!