This past month our Videographer, Andrew Hanson, traveled to remote Ketchikan, Alaska for a weeklong fishing trip. He had to take 3 connecting flights and 2 ferries to finally reach their destination. He and his family then stayed at Thorne Bay Lodge, a popular place for visiting hunters and fishers and known as Alaska's Best Kept Secret!
Andrew’s days were filled with fishing, hiking, and fish dinners! They were excited to see a plethora of wildlife, including seals, whales, deer, and the occasional bear. When fishing, they were able to catch halibut, salmon, and even a ratfish! Apparently, Alaska didn’t want Andrew and his family to leave quite yet, because a major fog cloud set in over the airport on the morning of their departure, letting them stay an extra 2 days.
This delicious recipe is from Water Grill's trifecta of rye whiskey, maple syrup and chocolate bitters. Cheers to the upcoming fall equinox! Photo courtesy of Water Grill.
2 oz rye whiskey
.25 oz pure maple syrup (grade A Amber is recommended. For a richer version try grade B)
3 dashes chocolate bitters
Orange twist with scorched orange oil
Add all ingredients to an old fashioned glass with a large piece of ice. Stir thoroughly. Release the oils from the orange zest through a flaming wood pick over the surface of the drink and serve.
The power of Instagram is stronger than ever in the e-commerce game! It not only helps you generate valuable leads, build loyalty and showcase products, but you can literally sell more on the platform as well. Below are some successful Instagram strategies to keep in mind to build up your online store!
- Create authentic and high quality content. Think about what will resonate most with your target audience. Your captions can reach up to 2,200 characters, but remember your imagery will grab their attention first.
- Schedule your content. Create a plan a month in advance and use your scheduling tools so you can focus on other parts of your business and marketing efforts.
- Engage with followers. Two-way communication is key, responding to comments, questions or reviews. This is one area you will want to dedicate quite a bit of your time.
- Growth hacking. Use promotional (paid) posts showcasing your products, conversational posts that entice engagement (questions, contests, giveaways) and re-sharing posts of your followers, bloggers and influencers.
- Rule of Thirds. This composition guideline will help you take more attractive photos. It places your subject in the left or right third of an image, leaving the other two thirds more open.
- Hashtags. You can use up to 30 hashtags. Make sure to use hashtags relevant to your products so that you can connect with customers who have similar interests or may be searching for products like yours.
- Tag your products. Click here for a complete Instagram Shopping Set-up Guide and get started selling more today!
Check out this NEW e-commerce site Dan (our lead software engineer) has been working on! ALMSTHRE had their original site in Shopify and needed an upgrade. Dan was able to provide a Shopify theme refresh: including a 360 product view and a wholesale app for B2B users.
ALMSTHRE is an abbreviation indented to reflect the saying “Almost There” and is pronounced as such. The name is meant to capture that moment when you’ve been on that grueling all-day adventure, and it seems there is no end in sight – you have to just keep going – you’re ALMSTHRE! Check it out: www.almsthre.com
In 2020 we built an ecommerce website for Fusion Thermal, a new brand out of Louisiana, selling thermal scopes. They pulled our team in again this year for their product box design. It was a fun project for our designer who also helped with the printer coordination. See more of their products at: www.fusionthermal.com
Mychal keeps impressing all of us with her design skills and style! She started here as an entry level designer in 2014—and 7 years later she has progressed to be our new Creative Director! Please help us in congratulating her on this new and exciting promotion!
Mychal originally hails from Minneapolis, MN. She attended MSUM in Moorhead and received a Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design. After graduating she moved to Bemidji, in 2014, to start working at Evolve. After working her way up to Senior Designer, Mychal has since called Bemidji home, and continues to thrive at the creative challenges Evolve Creative brings.
In her free time Mychal enjoys spending time with her husband and son Carter. She also persues her second passion, baking, through her company Wheatless Wonders. When she is not busy in the kitchen baking, she loves to travel, binge watch Netflix, and enjoy the outdoors.
Don't miss out on our tips!
Submit your email to receive the latest tips & tricks to help your business succeed!